Certification is valid for 3 years
Touchback’s courses were developed to meet OH&S and Manufacturer requirements as well as ANSI and CSA standards, this program is the same program that was OSSA Accredited, the only difference with the program offered after Nov 1, 2019 is there is no OSSA name referenced.
Cost for the ESC version $165.00 + tax
Cost for the Touchback OH&S Compliant $ 135.00 + tax.
Course will cover :
- Responsibilities, provincial regulations, employer & jobsite policies and procedures.
- Fall Protection Planning, Hazard assessment, Elimination and Controls.
- Different types of fall protection systems (Travel restraint & Fall Arrest).
- Understand different types of falls i.e: slips, trips, falls from the same level, lower level, ladders, stairs, and falls from heights and into holes.
- Various fall protection equipment- manufacturer requirements, proper inspection & maintenance.
- Fall arrest force & clearance calculations.
- Rescue Requirements
- Demonstrate and choose the proper equipment for various travel restraint and fall arrest scenarios
- Demonstrate how to perform a pre-use visual inspection of selected equipment for various travel restraint and fall arrest scenarios
- Student observes and demonstrates proper harness donning/ doffing performed by the Instructor which includes how to adjust the harness, what constitutes a properly adjusted harness, and the body landmarks used to assess proper adjustment, doffing techniques;