The College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA) regulates the LPN profession in a manner that protects and serves the public. The CLPNA exists to protect Alberta’s healthcare users. Our first responsibility is to the public. Albertans can be confident that LPNs are regulated through the CLPNA’s enactment of government legislation.
- Setting education, registration, and renewal requirements
- Overseeing compliance with healthcare legislation and regulations
- Approving and reviewing practical nurse diploma, refresher, and advance training
- Setting and enforcing practice, conduct, and professional standards
- Establishing and maintaining the continuing competence program and management of complaints and discipline.